Thursday, August 11, 2005

Cause you gotta have friends...

Yesterday was amazing, I went over my AM friend Rebecca's house for an animation pow wow and lunch. First of all she lives in West Hollywood which is totally cute neighborhood, there were tons of restaurants within walking distance, it reminded me of NYC. Then Rebecca showed me tons of her little animation secrets and tricks she keeps in her back pocket. Since she has had animation experience before starting AM she really has developed a great workflow which allows her to focus on her animation without all the technical glitches I seem to get into, and boy has her stuff improved, she has just taken off in a major way! And I was right there to soak up some animation goodness from theis ninja in training. She really reminded me of how important the planning stage is. I always plan, but somehow I end up changing a bunch of ideas mid project, which forces me to backtrack and waste time. And the main event was Jason Schleifer's GREASE PENCIL TOOL!!! Rebecca has been using it religiously and now I know why, it totally rocks. It is a great way to plan out your blocking before going to your 3d model and spending tons of time on a pose that doesn't work. Thanks Rebecca, and Jason! You guys rock!

8 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Blogger Rebecca Perez Stodolny said...

HAHAH Awesome post! And I'm not just saying that cause it's about me ;)

Seriously, I'm really glad it was worth your time... It was awesome hanging out! We'll hafta do it more often!

and remember... plan plan and did I mention plan?!?

~reb

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger anthea said...

o admit it rebecca, you love reading about yourself, you superstar you!

there's always next friday..we are so lucky to have that oscars theatre.

o and i almost forgot! plan plan plan!

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger jason said...

everyone loves reading about themselves! :)

thanks guys!! hope you were using version 4! oh yeah baby.. YAH!

RAR!!

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger anthea said...

exhibit A jason

http://jonhandhisdog.com/shh-life-er/

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger anthea said...

lol, just kidding. of course i had to write a big thank you in my blog to you 2, without you guys my planning would be in the toilet right now. jason, you da man for writing that super awesome tool, rebby you da woman for helping me out.

thanks you guys!

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Sara Wade said...

Hi Anthea! Just popping in to say hello. I miss everyone. I am jealous that you and Rebecca live close enough to hang out. You two are awesome. :-)

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger anthea said...

aw sara ;) that is sooo sweet!

it was totally awesome meeting you and aaron at siggy. i had so much fun just chillin w my AM peeps.

will eventually get up to san fran when you move there and i will say hi! and by "hi" i mean i will be sleeping on your couch!

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Sara Wade said...

Sounds like a good plan to me. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home