Monday, July 25, 2005

week 5 of semester 2 revisions, revisions, revisions

Week 5 Heavy Push ReBlocking

Week 5 Revision of Walk

Week five didn't go as planned. I had so many setbacks and event hough I worked very hard every day, I still don't think I made any headway. In fact I think I made some things worse!! Well, I don't know, you be the judge. I had some problems with contraints and using IK hands I still haven't gotten the hang of it.

On a lighter note, I really enjoyed last week's lecture on weight and balance, esp the part where Rick Oconnor from ILM almost takes his clothes of...but I guess AM doesn't provide nude models, sorry Rick.

And in good news, I along with some other students were singled out By BOBBY BECK in the video news last week for having good projects. I couldn't believe I was seeing my name next to the word congratulations. It was awesome and a great source of encouragement, but I still know that my projects need a lot of work. It too bad they couldn't mention all the students who did outstanding work for that project, there were so many amazing pieces, due to all the amazing talent AM has.


Last Friday night I took a break from animating and my sore pre carpal hand thanked me. My boyfriend and I went to the Beck and Le Tigre concert at the Universal Ampitheatre here in LA. Both performers were awesome with a lot of energy. It made me miss going out to hear live music. It can be so exhilerating going to a concert, at the same time I kept thinking, we're getting too old for this stuff, LOL. It was a lot of fun.

2 Comments:

At 8:20 PM, Blogger eneries said...

Hey Anthea, great to see you've got your animations up on your site! Glad that worked out.

I know what you mean about working so much on your anims that they get worse. Hahaha, I'm definitely in that rut with my push anim, garh. Well, in case you can't see it anymore because you're too close to it, your femme walk cycle is still amazing. It's been great watching your progress on it. Keep working it!

-Irene

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger anthea said...

thanks so much irene, i am definetly feeling the pressure too, i know what you mean about being too close to the project. i guess sometimes you have to take a break from it. sigg couldn't have come at a better time!!

go AM!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home