Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Intro to Anatomy Workshop

I just signed up for the Intro to Anatomy 1 day workshop this Sunday at the Los Angeles Academy of Figurative Arts. I've heard lots of great things about the instructor Rey Bustos, and can't wait to learn more. I feel that my drawings skills are still lacking due to my unskilled knowledge of the human anatomy, I've never taken an anatomy class before and don't know much about the skeletal and muscular systems under the skin. That may be why all the people I draw in the lunchtime drawing class here at work never have any muscles or definition, and why Karl Gnass keeps telling me I draw "bodysuits" He's right! They never have any muscles! Hopefully I can learn something about the human anatomy and improve my drawings.

3 Comments:

At 3:22 PM, Blogger Sara Wade said...

That sounds like a really cool workshop. I bet it helps a ton just to think about and see things in terms of the musculature. There is an exhibit in Denver right now that we are going to try to see soon called "Bodyworks." It is a German doctor who figured out a way to plasticize dead people right after they die so he makes these "sculptures" out of real people but without skin so you can see all of the anatomy. It is amazing and beautiful work - but I must admit I am nervous to see it in person. It seems somehow otherwordly and creepy to be walking among corpses frozen in time for art's sake.

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Sara Wade said...

Oops- What I meant was "Body Worlds" - here is a link:

http://www.koerperwelten.de/en/pages/ausstellung_asien.asp

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger anthea said...

hey sara, i will have to check out that show body worlds, it sounds great, any idea on when it will be in LA?

I am also planning on taking a drawing seminar this Saturday with Karl Gnass on froce in drawing, it should help kick my drawing butt in gear.

hi oliver, thanks for stopping by all the way from england!! that is so great that your 3d school teaches you anatomy, i think it will prove to be very helpful

 

Post a Comment

<< Home