Wednesday, August 24, 2005

anthea hearts reference footage

Boy this single idea project has really been bugging the hell out of me. I usually have a hard time deciding on one idea, but making sure it is done in 2 weeks and under 100 frames, not that is a near impossible feat! So I kept brainstorming and coming up with idea after idea, sketching and planning out in my head. My boyfriend helped me to get my micro mv camcorder to capture my reference so I would be able to frame by frame it for sketching and posing inspiration. I decided to film myself acting out 8 of the ideas I was considering, this is surely faster than sketching thumbnails or blocking out stuff, and easier to show someone the clip to ask for advice than trying to explain your idea to them. I think I am leaning toward the cold pool idea of dipping a toe into a freezing cold pool, it is a simple idea that I should be able to finish in 2 weeks. My mentor Derek suggested I choose this idea, and I will tape more reference tonight of some more ideas for this one. I am also hoping to get some spare time for revisions of the emotion and the push before the end of the semester, only 2 weeks to go.

Video Reference Capture Clips

1 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Blogger anthea said...

pmiles, that was a great link, thanks for that. what great animation and funny yet simple ideas, that is something to strive for.

yes squishy can't help it, she loves being in front of the camera, such a ham.

david, thanks for your comments. i have been addicted to reference footage lately, ever since i got my camera to work last week. it is a great way to test out a bunch of ideas and you can easily see which ones are not going to work. there were twice as many ideas before this edit, and the next day i narrowed it down to ne idea and taped more takes of just that one idea.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home