Sunday, January 08, 2006

Still Revising

















So here are some revisions, still in progress. I feel like I am almost getting near the end of this one. I have to say it is the project I am the most happy with so far at AM. My first dialogue shot (the queen of sheba animation) didn't fair so well, and I feel like that one still needs a lot of work and polish, I definetely skipped the polish stage on that one but am planning on revisitng it sometime. But on this white doves animation I am really trying to buckle down and get it to the best that I can do, that is why I am not done yet. I put the wip up on the AM critique forum and got some great crits, I also got some advice from my mentor and am thinking of taking out some of the poses.

I am thinking of really slowing down the beginning, "when I get married" section, I think there is still too much movement here, and in order to contrast the chaotic-ness of the later part it still needs to be more sublte in the beginning. I am also thinking of changing the "horse drawn carraige" hand sweep to hold the pointed finger gesture longer, I think it gets lost going into yet another pose so soon after. Overall I would say the weakest thing about this animation is that there are too many poses and action, I will really remember this when planning my next animation.

Comments and crits are welcome.

2 Comments:

At 6:53 AM, Blogger Jeremy said...

Yep, I think you nailed exactly. Sorry but I can't see this version for some reason... it gets about a 1/4 through and then stops and I can't download it either. I have one really nitpicky thing about the hands on the first frame though. I did a quick sketch to show you what I mean since it's hard to describe.
http://www.zre.ca/~jeremy/help/anthea.jpg
Still your ideas are really nice and the acting is all there, it was just a little busy last time I watched it.

Thanks for letting me know about the comment... I was confused for a moment and then thought I probably didn't post :P V2 isn't quite the same with you and Rebecca :( Take care!

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger anthea said...

hi jeremy!
thanks so much for that sketch, it was super helpful. i was having some trouble with the hand poses in the beginning. i think that whole phrase needs to be reworked. i am going to try to keep it very simple next time around, it is so easy to add in all these psoes and ideas and then your animation gets too distracting. something to work on for the future.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home