Friday, January 06, 2006

Inside Scoop

With the new rush of students coming into AM at a high point during the release of V2 I have been wondering what the future holds for us AM'ers. I've met so many talented animators at AM, not just the mentors, the students too have grown into being some impressive inspiring artists. I hope that these students and myself continue to learn and grow. So much has been happening with AM in a relatively short amount of time. In less than 10 months AM has become one of the best animation schools in the world and created a huge buzz. Sometimes being on the inside it's hard to see how the rest of the non-AM world sees us.

For some people it is hard for them to believe that AM, being an online school, that there is much merrit to this form of education. For me, I was hooked from the first teaser class I saw on the AM website months and months before the school opened. I always knew in my heart that this was the exact way I wanted to learn, and the actual reality of the school was even better than I had hoped. It is also hard for some outside people to believe the kind of bonds the students have formed with eachother, and the kind of connections the students have formed with their mentors, we have way more interaction with our teachers than most "real" schools.

Andy Warhol once said "Measure publicity in inches" meaning not to look at the content of what people are saying, just to look at how much they are saying. Either way I know that AM will continue to succeed as an animation school, and there will be the proof in the pudding.

4 Comments:

At 3:27 PM, Blogger Sara Wade said...

That's a bummer. I didn't realize that people were saying bad things about AM. I guess I am just too far from the industry center to hear any of them. I hope that it isn't people at the studios saying bad things. :-(

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger anthea said...

no not at all Sara, I was referring to a recent post in CG talk. I believe "industry people" have the highest regard for the curriculum, the people that I am referring to usually don't know much about the actual goings on inside AM, that is why they don't believe all the only good things they hear from the students, they haven't experienced it for themselves.

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger Bobby Pontillas said...

Thanks Anthea for continuing to show off your work and giving the industry an "inside scoop" by sharing your progress and insights.

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger Sara Wade said...

Thanks Anthea for clearing that up. That's good to hear. I have also noticed a lot of negativity from people on CGTalk too. I'm not sure why that is. Maybe they are just plain cranky? I think they should all try AM for a semester and then maybe they would change their minds.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home