Monday, August 28, 2006

Who loves "the State" ?

Me! I do! It's been a while since I thought about MTV's The State sketch comedy show, but for some reason these scenes keep popping into my head. Maybe it's all that pudding or tomato sauce I've been rolling around in, call me crazy but I can't stop thinking about the State. Last year I got into such a frenzy for the State that I found a person selling DVD rips of video tapes of episodes on ebay and bought them all. Just thankful to have any last drop of that long ago show. I remember in highschool my friend Andrea and I used to be totally obsessed with it. And looking back now, there are just so many great episodes. Monkey torture (purely psychological), the popa, $240 worth of pudding, Doug, restaurant signs. All classics. Enjoy!


One great "The State" episode
bad quality, I know, but beggars can't be choosers

5 Comments:

At 6:16 PM, Blogger Bryan Magan said...

I'm Doug and I'm outta Heeeeeerrrrrrreeeeeeeee

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Brian "My Fault" Nicolucci said...

If you like The State, check out Vacant Lot and the amazingly insane Exit 57 (http://youtube.com/results?search_query=Exit+57&search=Search)

Personally I think Exit 57 did it better then anybody. Plus you get to see Stephen Colbert and Amy Sedaris before they hit it big.

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger anthea said...

Hi Bryan! omg, i LOVE doug!!! "I'm Doug, and you're dad, forget you wouldn't understand."

Nicalooch! I'll check it out, thanks for the tip.

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Brian "My Fault" Nicolucci said...

Gar, why aren't great shows like this on DVD, yet crap shows get every season. Aaargh!

BTW, you really need to get some people who aren't named Brian, or with the incorrect spelling with a "y", to comment here. =D

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger anthea said...

i know, it's crazy that mtv hasn't released the state on dvd, they would make a killing. about a decade ago they had a vhs release of some of the episodes called "skits and stickers" but it was by no means an anthology.

and i'll try to set up a brian filter for the future. heehee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home