Wednesday, September 07, 2005

AM Class 2...Almost Over

This semester is almost coming to a close, I am so sad to know that I've already gotten my last E Critique from Derek, and tomorrow is going to be the last time for us to see the face of the day, Derek's way of signing off after the Q and A. I have had so much fun this term, I have learned so much in such a short time, and can feel the improvements with each progressive project. All the other students have been improving wildly as well, it's so inspiring to see all the new projects they come up with.

We finally get a week off after the hectic schedule we've all been living by. We went right into Class 2 without a break between semesters, that was hard, but we were all able to push through it and give the assignments our all. It's hard not to get amped up and excited when you get to see those amazing lectures every week and all the great animations that are being produced. Some students excelled so much and I found a few new favorites.

I am going to miss the AM BBQ this weekend up in Berkeley. I can't afford a plane ticket there right now and don't think I can take another long driving trip so soon after Las Vegas, it's a shame too cause I really wanted to see all the San Fran AM crew. O well, there will be other parties I guess.

This week off I have a ton of things I want to do. I would really like to catch up on all the reading and movie watching I have been slacking off on due to lack of time. I am also going to try to get outdoors, get to the beach for some relaxation. I have to audit the acting class I'm interested in taking at the Carter Thor Studio, and I will keep going to my gesture drawing class for 1 more month. Besides attempting to fix up my animations from this semester and to render them out so I can finally put them to rest, then I can rest. Some students are doing some extra projects during the break, this sounds like a smart move but I don't know if that will be possible for me.

4 Comments:

At 6:45 PM, Blogger Brian "My Fault" Nicolucci said...

Your not coming to the BBQ??? Booo, booo I say!

You will be missed Athena! :)

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger anthea said...

i am sooo sad abt it, i really wanted to make it up there.

:(

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Aja B said...

Aww, don't be sad! We'll have our own worldwide losers club bbq that day. With blackjack! And... um... tofu! I've never grilled tofu before! :D

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger anthea said...

sounds even better than vegas, i have to say vegas is lacking in the tofu dept.

to losers!! or at least non sanfraners!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home